The Pre-Beginnings of our Life Together


7.23.2010

Keep it moving

Well, with electric and plumbing well on its way (thanks to both of our dads, Josiah, Ryan, and Schrier), I began the insulation process downstairs yesterday, and I insulated until we ran out of insulation.  So let me catch you up a bit.

                                                         The can lights that Ryan is installing.

Last Friday, Jeff Schrier came over and helped with the plumbing and then Saturday he and Kyle Whiteley both helped all day.  Both Friday and Saturday I was sent on Menards runs for plumbing items- because "sweep T's" are actually labeled "elongated TY's" or something that, and somehow the greeter girl was the same both days, and I am convinced that she looked at me kind of funny (by the end of this they will know us by name; see us coming and get a golden cart for us to ride around in and name us king and queen- only because we spend so much money).  However, the funny look could have been due to the fact that I failed to change shirts from the night before.  Either way, despite those trips, we still need more plumbing connectors, but the pvc is looking quite good in between our PECs, framing, and electric, and I certainly learned a valuable lesson- stay away from the purple plumbing primer; it never feels good in your eye.
                                                                           The plumbing.

Saturday, my aunt provided chicken noodles, potato salad, green bean casserole and cream de menthe cake for lunch (she is a wonderful cook), and I am sure it served to be a nice change from lunch meat sandwiches and chips.  However, something caused someone (who will remain nameless for the sake of their dignity) to create methane that wreaked of road kill or something.  I don't think it was lunch, but this nameless subject found great pleasure in standing in front of the squirrel box (a large, intense-looking fan for those who are not construction term savvy) in the small upstairs where all of us worked in close quarters and release his/her pleasant aroma and blow it in our direction.  Thanks nameless subject!  However, the upstairs is ready (except for a few minor details) for dry wall, and Josiah and Ryan even loaded all of the dry wall upstairs.  Nice work boys! Soon our upstairs will look like a room rather than the inside of a giant lunch box.
                                                                  This is the lunch box.

Last night Mouser caught her first mouse (so proud), and Jim, our neighbor, came over to tell us.  She may have caught two, not sure though because it may have been the same one.  Either way, I am proud.  Less than 2 weeks ago she was just a scrawny, mal-nourished, bag of bones, and now I have plumped her up enough to catch a mouse- hopefully she killed it and didn't just play with it.
      Mouser. She likes to rest on the mower.  She and Ryan have more in common than he thought.

Upon getting home last night after hours of insulating and complaining the whole way home about how itchy I was and how much I needed a shower (sorry Ryan), our power was out.  Lightning had struck our transformer during the storm earlier that day leaving us in the dark, and Alecia, whose family is re-doing the floors in their house and has no bed or shower as of right now has been staying at our house to use a bed and shower (and hang out with me of course).  So we made our way over to our Neighbor's (how convenient that they happen to be my future in-laws) to take showers-Thanks by the way!  So glad I didn't have to suffer through an itchy night.

2 comments:

  1. It wasn't me. Sorry, Jeff. I can't go down for this one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing such a nice blog. It's really impressive. I appreciate your intelligence and knowledge.
    House Renovations in Wimbledon

    ReplyDelete